Supervision: 18 March 2021(19:00 - 21:00) - Dr. Elmari Mulder-Craig
DR ELMARI MULDER CRAIG
European Certified Sexologist and Relationship Expert
Clinical Hypnotherapist and Psychotherapist
Dr Elmari Mulder Craig is one of South Africa’s best-known sexologists, a globally recognized authority in the fields of sexuality and relationships and has 25 years’ experience in private practice. She has a special interest in dealing with sexual pain disorders, previous trauma (mind/body connection) as well as in helping couples to reinvent their sexual relationship to enhance connection and intimacy.
She was the Head of Psychosexual Services for My Sexual Health for a number of years and is a firm believer in the power and positive impact of a multi-professional team approach.
She was one of the first South Africans to obtain the prestigious qualification of European Federation of Sexology (EFS) and European Society for Sexual Medicine (ESSM): European Certified Psycho-Sexologist (ECPS), the highest attainable, internationally recognised qualification in psycho-sexology.
Dr Elmari Craig is a former President, Executive Board Member and Director of The South African Sexual Health Association (SASHA).
Dr Elmari Craig also studied under the renowned Prof Domeena Renshaw at the Stricht School of Medicine: Sexual Dysfunction Clinic, in Chicago, USA.
She is a former Scientific Advisory Board Member of The African Society for Sexual Medicine (ASSM) as well as former Section Editor (Sexual Health) of the African Journal for Primary Health Care & Family Medicine (AJPHCFM).
She chaired sessions and presented scientific papers at numerous international conferences and is a sought-after speaker who travels nationally and internationally to present talks and training on sexual and relationship health and wellbeing.
Dr Elmari is the author of two books and two DVD’s and has contributed to 26 other books over the years. She contributes extensively as an expert in her field to print and broadcast media. Seks en Jy, a series of 13 talks on the national Afrikaans radio station, RSG, was her brainchild and was presented by Martelize Brink with Dr Craig as expert. This show was awarded a Media Veertjie in 2017.
- PhD (Cum Laude)
- MA (Cum Laude)
- EFS & ESSM: ECPS
- BA (MW)
- The South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP) since 1992. Registration. no: 10-16582
- The South African Association for Social Workers in Private Practice (SAASWIPP). Fully accredited member and a National Executive Board Member (1999-2000).
- Board of Healthcare Funders (BHF). Registration no. 8908486
Current or previous member of the following Scientific Societies:
- Member and Past President: The Southern African Sexual Health Association (SASHA)
- The International Society for Sexual Medicine (ISSM)
- The European Society for Sexual Medicine (ESSM)
- The African Society for Sexual Medicine (ASSM)
- The World Association of Sexology (WAS)
- The Psychological Society of South Africa (PsySSA)
- The Pretoria Pelvic and Perineal Pain Forum (PPPPF)
- The Pfizer Sexology Forum
- The Wellness Institute, as a Certified Advanced Clinical Hypnotherapist. USA
- The Traumatic Incident Reduction Association (TIRA)
- The International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
Continuing Professional Development and Training presented by Dr E Craig:
- SASHA: Sexology Masterclass. 4 clinical and 4 ethical points.
- More than a glass of wine – the multidisciplinary approach to the management of sexual pain. SASHA CPD 2 points.
- Sex(d)uality+: Workshop for Health Care Practitioners. 8 CPD points awarded.
Other related CPD’s and Training:
- Various SASHA CPD Meetings and Training. South Africa.
- Grief Intervention: Applying the Dual Process Model of coping with Bereavement: Dr Nelia Drenth. South Africa.
- World Psychiatry Association. Workshop: Conducting Psychiatric Impairment Assessments. South Africa.
- ‘Staying in the game’. Sorika de Swardt., South Africa.
- Assessment, Diagnosis, and treatment of Hypersexual Disorders. Robert Weiss. (USA). South Africa.
- Sexual Evolution: The effect of digital and Social Media on Relationship Intimacy and addiction. Robert Weiss. (USA). South Africa.
- European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (UEMS) Sexual Medicine Course. Istanbul, Turkey.
- Emotionally Focussed Therapy (Level E). Kathryn De Bruin International EFT trainer. South Africa.
- Trauma Incident Reduction (TIR). Yvonne Retief International TIR Trainer. South Africa.
- Women’s Health Symposium. MSD. South Africa.
- The use of Images, Quotes and Metaphors in Sex Education and Therapy. Dr Etienne Kok. South Africa.
- Divorce guidance in the post-divorce phase. Prof A H Alpaslan. South Africa.
- ‘Enneagram’ Gift to Vital relationships. Enneagram in the Narrative Tradition South Africa. David Daniels, MD & Suzette Fischer. South Africa.
- Substance Dependence. Stabilis Treatment Centre. South Africa.
- South African Urogynaelogical Association (SAUGA) Conference and invited speaker. CPD Accredited. South Africa
- Sexual Pain, HIV and Fertility Symposium. MSD. South Africa.
- Mindfulness Training. Hannelie Schaefer. South Africa.
- Advanced Clinical Hypnotherapy Accreditation, The Wellness Institute. USA.
- Sandplay in Africa: Becoming whole: Sandplay and Individuation in East and West. Dr Martin Kalff (Switzerland). South Africa.
- Hypnotherapy Level 1. The Wellness Institute, USA.
- SATS: AIDS training. South Africa.
- Mini symposium. South Africa.
- Qualitative research. University of Pretoria, South Africa.
- Sex therapy Course by Prof Domeena Renshaw (USA) at FAMSA. South Africa
- ‘Politics of the Prostate and Penis’. Prof Roger Kirby (UK). Pfizer CPD. South Africa.
- Transactional Analysis. Yvonne Retief. South Africa.
- ‘Family Rapture and Sex’. Prof Domeena Renshaw (USA). South Africa
- Clinical Training: Loyola University Stricht School of Medicine. Chicago. USA.
- ‘Pillow Talk’ Workshop. Dr Marlene Wasserman. Pretoria.
- HIV/Aids Seminar: University of Durban Westville. South Africa.
- Sexual Trauma Workshop: Technikon Pretoria. South Africa.
- Sexual Education and Life Skills Training, Department of Health and Population Development. Pretoria, South Africa.
- Psychosexual treatment of sexual problems
- Specialist in Couples’ and Sex therapy
- Male sexual dysfunction
- Female Sexual Dysfunction
- Special interest in Female Sexual Pain Disorders
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Trauma Incident Reduction (TIR)
- Emotionally Focussed Therapy (E)
- Co-presenter of Sex[D]uality+ a course for health care professionals on Sexual health, sexual rights, and sexology
- Sex and Life Skills Education at schools
- Group facilitator: Sex Education and Sexual problems
- Various Radio Talks, TV shows and contributions to popular magazines and the daily press about relationships and sexuality
- Contributor to and presenter of Pfizer’s Sexual Health Course
- Marriage Preparation to couples or groups
- Marriage Enrichment and Sexual Enrichment workshops, seminars and talks to both corporate companies and other private organizations such as churches, women’s groups, Non-profit organizations as well as private functions
- Presenter of Sexual Education Programs at schools
- Presentation of various lectures and talks on sexuality and relationship enrichment
- Writes scientific and popular articles on the topic
- Guest Lecturer at The University of Pretoria
- Private practice specialising in sexology, sex therapy, and marriage/relationship therapy
- Facilitator, South African Tutor Services: Gauteng Provincial Government: Department of Health: AIDS Program
- Author and Media spokesperson on sexual and relationship related issues
- Freelance Presenter. Radio Pulpit
- Continuing Education Course Co-Coordinator: University of Pretoria
- Social Worker: Department of Welfare, Pietermaritzburg
- Practice Training: Pretoria Child and Family Care Society
Disclaimer: MSH provides a platform for Sexual Health providers to network and learn in order to render the highest level of sexual health services to patients. MSH does not take responsibility for the clinical practice of any of its members. Any concerns can be directed towards email@example.com but misconduct needs to be reported to the registration body of the particular individual.