Supervision: 30 September 2021(19:00 - 21:00) - Dr. Elmari Mulder-Craig
Dr Elmari Mulder Craig
PhD ECPS MA BA
Clinical Sexologist, Couples Therapist, Psychotherapist, Clinical Hypnotherapist, Clinical Supervisor
Online and In-person consultations in Pretoria
Dr Elmari Mulder Craig is one of South Africa’s best-known sexologists and is, with 26 years’ experience, a globally recognised authority in the fields of sexuality and relationship wellness. She is a previous president of The South African Sexual Health Association (SASHA) and previous Head of Psychosexual Services of My Sexual Health. She was one of the first South Africans to obtain the prestigious qualification of European Federation of Sexology (EFS) and European Society for Sexual Medicine (ESSM) certification, the highest attainable, internationally recognised qualification in Sexology.
To request an appointment with Dr Elmari Mulder Craig, please contact her:
Phone: 082 783 6633
Linkedin: Dr Elmari Mulder Craig Linkedin
For Sensual and sexual products visit Between the Sheets Intimate and Sensual Boutique on her website or follow the following links:
Instagram: Between the Sheets Boutique on Instagram
Practice Location: 73 14th Street, Menlo Park, Pretoria
My Sexual Health Team Member:
DR ELMARI MULDER CRAIG
European Certified Sexologist, Relationship Expert & Couples Therapist, Psychotherapist, Clinical Hypnotherapist & MSH Clinical Supervisor
Dr Elmari Mulder Craig is one of South Africa’s best-known sexologists and is, with 26 years’ experience, a globally recognised authority in the fields of sexuality and relationship wellness. She is a former president, executive board member and director of The South African Sexual Health Association (SASHA) and previous Head of Psychosexual Services of My Sexual Health. She was one of the first South Africans to obtain the prestigious qualification of European Federation of Sexology (EFS) and European Society for Sexual Medicine (ESSM) certification, the highest attainable, internationally recognised qualification in Sexology, in 2014.
Dr Craig runs a private practice in Pretoria but consults globally, online. She has a special interest in dealing with sexual pain disorders, previous trauma mind/body connection) as well as in helping couples to reinvent their sexual relationship to enhance connection and intimacy.
Elmari also studied under the renowned Prof Domeena Renshaw at the Stricht School of Medicine: Sexual Dysfunction Clinic, in Chicago, USA. She is a former Scientific Advisory Board Member of The African Society for Sexual Medicine (ASSM) as well as former Section Editor (Sexual Health) of the African Journal for Primary Health Care & Family Medicine (AJPHCFM).
She chaired sessions and presented scientific papers at numerous international conferences and is a sought-after speaker who travels nationally and internationally to present talks and training on sexual and relationship health and wellbeing. She was an invited speaker at conferences in Botswana, Zambia and Singapore.
Elmari is the author of two books and two DVD’s and has contributed to 22 other books over the years. She contributes extensively as an expert in her field to online, print and broadcast media. Seks en Jy, a series of 13 talks on the radio station, RSG, was her brainchild and was presented by Martelize Brink with Dr Craig as expert. This show was awarded a Media Veertjie in 2017.
- PhD: Sexology (Cum Laude)
- European Federation of Sexology and European Society for Sexual Medicine Certified Psycho-Sexologist (ECPS)
- MA (Cum Laude)
- Clinical Training in Sexology: Loyola University Medical Centre, Sexual Dysfunction Clinic, 135 supervised clinical hours, Chicago, USA.
- BA (MW)
- Advanced Clinical Hypnotherapy (USA)
- Reiki Master
Current or previous member of the following Scientific Societies:
- World Association of Sexual Health (WAS)
- The European Society for Sexual Medicine (ESSM)
- The International Society for Sexual Medicine (ISSM)
- The African Society for Sexual Medicine (ASSM)
- The Southern African Sexual Health Association (SASHA)
- The Wellness Institute, as a Certified Advanced Clinical Hypnotherapist. USA
- The Psychological Society of South Africa (PsySSA)
- The Pretoria Pelvic and Perineal Pain Forum (PPPPF)
- The Pfizer Sexology Forum
- The Traumatic Incident Reduction Association (TIRA)
- The International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- The South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP)since 1992. Registration no: 10-16582
- The South African Association for Social Workers in Private Practice (SAASWIPP). Fully accredited member and a National Executive Board Member (1999-2000).
- Board of Healthcare Funders (BHF). Registration no. 8908486
Training presented by Dr Craig:
- Better Sex Course in Online Sexology Training Club for Health Care Practitioners. 4 CPD points. March 2021.
- Better Sex for Couples 101: 4 Hours Online E-learning Course.
- Sexology Masterclass developed and presented for The Southern African Sexual Health Association. 4 CPD points.
- More than a glass of wine – A multidisciplinary approach for the management of sexual pain. SASHA 2 CPD points.
- Sex(d)uality+: Short course for Health Care Practitioners. 8 CPD points.
- Manual on Marriage Preparation and Marriage Enrichment developed for The South African Department of Social Development.
- Pfizer Sexual Health Course contributor and presenter
Additional Sexology and Relationship related Qualifications/Courses/CPD’s:
- Pee, Poo, Pain, Pleasure and Periods. Dr Elna Rudolph, Candice Langford and Minki Van der Westhuizen. MSH Webinar. March 2021.
- Monthly Multidisciplinary Team Meetings. My Sexual Health Clinic. 2021.
- Treating Sexual Pain - A course for professionals. Dr Elna Rudolph. My Sexual Health Clinic. 2021.
- Childhood Sexual Abuse and Female Sexual Dysfunction – Research Update. Dr Elna Rudolph. Sexology Training Courses. 2021.
- Sexual Pleasure. Dr Elna Rudolph, Catriona Boffard & Minki Van Der Westhuizen. MSH Webinar. February 2021.
- Narcissism: Origins, Formulations & Therapeutic Milestones. Christine Laidlaw. Vista Academy. 2020.
- Gender Based Violence. Dr Elna Rudolph & Ms Alica Allison. 2020.
- Busting COVID Myths. Michael Mol. Duxah Healthcare Academy. 2020.
- Sexual Rights at the Core of Sexual Health Intervention. International Webinar. ISSM-WAS. July 2020.
- Sex on the mind. SASHA 2020.
- Life’s better when you are healthy. Duxah Healthcare Academy. 2020.
- Continuing Conversations on Ethics. Dr Kwinda. Duxah Healthcare Academy 2020.
- Dr Nelia Drenth & Ms Malamba. SAASWIPP AGM. 2020.
- Psychosomatic Impact of the COVID-19 Lockdown. MSD. 2020.
- Telehealth Sex Therapy. SASHA. 2020.
- Monthly Multidisciplinary Team Meetings. My Sexual Health Clinic. 2020.
- Grief Intervention: Applying the Dual Process Model of coping with Bereavement: Dr Nelia Drenth.
- Conducting Psychiatric Impairment Assessments. World Psychiatry Association Workshop.
- ‘Staying in the game’ - Sexual Addiction. Sorika de Swardt.
- Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Hypersexual Disorders. Robert Weiss. (USA).
- Sexual Evolution: The effect of digital and Social Media on Relationship Intimacy and addiction. Robert Weiss. (USA).
- European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (UEMS) Sexual Medicine Course. Istanbul, Turkey. 2014
- Emotionally Focussed Therapy (Level E). Kathryn De Bruin International EFT trainer.
- Trauma Incident Reduction (TIR). Yvonne Retief International TIR Trainer.
- Women’s Health Symposium.
- The use of Images, Quotes and Metaphors in Sex Education and Therapy. Dr Etienne Kok. Vista CPD Training.
- Divorce guidance in the post-divorce phase. Prof A H Alpaslan.
- ‘Enneagram’ Gift to Vital Relationships. Enneagram in the Narrative Tradition. David Daniels (MD), & Suzette Fischer.
- Substance Dependence. Stabilis Treatment Centre.
- South African Urogynaelogical Association (SAUGA) Conference and invited speaker. CPD Accredited. South Africa
- Sexual Pain, HIV and Fertility Symposium.
- Mindfulness Training. Hannelie Schaefer.
- Imago Therapy. Elanor Bubb & Reyana Seedat.
- Advanced Clinical Hypnotherapy Accreditation, The Wellness Institute. USA.
- Sandplay in Africa: Becoming whole: Sandplay and Individuation in East and West. Dr Martin Kalff (Switzerland).
- Hypnotherapy Level 1. The Wellness Institute, USA.
- SATS: AIDS Training. Mini symposium. South Africa.
- Qualitative research. University of Pretoria, South Africa.
- Sex Therapy Course. Prof Domeena Renshaw (USA) at FAMSA. South Africa
- ‘Politics of the Prostate and Penis’. Prof Roger Kirby (UK). Pfizer CPD.
- Transactional Analysis. Yvonne Retief.
- ‘Family Rapture and Sex’. Prof Domeena Renshaw (USA). South Africa
- Clinical Training: Loyola University Stricht School of Medicine. USA.
- ‘Pillow Talk’ Dr Marlene Wasserman.
- HIV/Aids Seminar: University of Durban Westville.
- Sexual Trauma Workshop: Technikon Pretoria.
- Sexual Education and Life Skills Training, Department of Health and Population Development.
- Psychosexual treatment of sexual problems
- Specialist in Couples’ and Sex therapy
- Male Sexual Dysfunctions
- Female Sexual Dysfunctions
- Special interest in Female Sexual Pain Disorders
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Trauma Incident Reduction (TIR)
- Emotionally Focussed Therapy (E)
- Group facilitator: Sex Education and Sexual problems
- Various Radio Talks, TV shows and contributions to popular magazines and the daily press on relationships and sexual wellness
- Marriage Preparation to couples or groups
- Relationship and Sexual Enrichment and wellness workshops, seminars and talks to academic, corporate and private organisations.
- Presenter of Sexual Education Programs at schools
- Writes scientific and popular articles
- Guest Lecturer at The University of Pretoria
- Private practice specialising in sexology, sex therapy, and marriage/relationship therapy
- Facilitator, South African Tutor Services: Gauteng Provincial Government: Department of Health: AIDS Program
Disclaimer: MSH provides a platform for Sexual Health providers to network and learn in order to render the highest level of sexual health services to patients. MSH does not take responsibility for the clinical practice of any of its members. Any concerns can be directed towards firstname.lastname@example.org but misconduct needs to be reported to the registration body of the particular individual.